BlaBlaBus (formally known as Ouibus), a Blablacar subsidiary, is a long-distance bus travel service which links major cities in Europe. Until the takeover by Blablacar it was an SNCF subsidiary. Since the implementation of S3 Passenger as sales and distribution system in march 2016, BlablaBus was given the means to heavily expand their bus network, connecting more than 400 cities in France and Europe (10 countries) and transport more than 13 million passengers.
Created in 2012, to offer long distance bus trips with the ambition to become the reference. BlaBlaBus provides a balanced offer, with low prices and a high level of service, which offers a new approach to bus travel. Since their creation, they have been striving to redefine the standards of bus travel, with comfortable, spacious and modern buses. Mobility is encouraged and travel is simplified throughout France and to major European cities.
Since the French law was amended in 2015, BlaBlaBus has expanded its activities. BlaBlaBus, OUIBUS at the time, chose Sqills and the SAAS S3 Passenger solution to implement this expansion strategy, because of the richness and flexibility of the solution and the speed of implementation.
After Sqills and BlaBlaBus successfully implemented S3 Passenger, the companies have been cooperating together to innovate and implement even better solutions. This cooperation helped BlaBlabus with the expansion of their network and implementation of new services and features for better customer experience.
Some customer facts
- One of the first large scale coach operators in S3 Passenger, introducing the specific needs of coach operation compared to rail;
- Large network due to “agility” of bus operation in partnership with other providers like Alsa and National Express;
- Aggressive API distribution focus, achieving sometimes rather extreme “look to book” ratios requiring flexible scaling;
- Very “eager” participant to feature conceptualization, bringing creative and innovative new product ideas;
- “Front runner” of multi-inventory design pattern with connections to Non-SNCF / Non-Sqills external operators
Running a project of this magnitude while rebranding the company and launching a new product offering was a challenge. The new sales & distribution system is critical to meet our ambitious marketing goals and the Sqills and OUIBUS project teams have done a great job implementing and configuring S3 Passenger to our needs, and on time!
Are you interested in getting your systems up-to-date to modern IT standards? Contact us!