Are you interested in working as a Java/Kotlin Developer within an organisation that is determined to become the market leader in software for public transport operators? Sqills is an innovative and ambitious organization and our high-end software is used around the world. We offer people room to grow as professionals, working with new developments and technologies.
Your role within the company
You will become part of one of the Agile DevOps teams. These teams consist of a combination of Developers, Testers and a Product Owner. As a team, you are responsible for the entire development cycle. Working together as a team, you develop the microservices in the AWS Cloud. You also monitor the production services using New Relic, Sentry, Kibana and Prometheus. Sqills is always open to new improvements, whether it be introducing new techniques or methods.
What are you going to do?
You will work on the S3 Passenger product. This SaaS solution is always scalable because of the multiple microservices. This allows the environment to keep growing. As a part of one of the DevOps teams you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing microservices for S3 Passenger;
- Turning functionalities into software solutions and bridging the gap between desired functionalities and technical solutions;
- Your own software, where you are responsible for automated unit- and integration testing;
- Bachelor or master’s degree (HBO/WO);
- Good communication skills in English (knowledge of Dutch preferred);
- You are analytically strong, eager to learn, and committed to gaining and sharing new knowledge;
- Experience with developing in Java/Kotlin;
- Experience with Git;
- Interest or experience in functional programming;
- Experience with languages like Go (lang);
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence is a benefit;
This function is also ideal for a junior developer with an ambition to grow.
Mail your motivation with CV and representative code.